EUROCAE Call for Participation WG-76/SG-2 'MASPS for Automated Atmospheric Turbulence Derivation Techniques'
The RTCA Program Management Committee (PMC) and the EUROCAE Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) has approved a new activity for Special Committee 206 and Working Group 76: the development of a ‘Minimum Aviation Systems Performance Standard (MASPS) for Automated Atmospheric Turbulence Derivation Techniques’.
This Call for Participation shall notify interested organizations and experts about this new deliverable and invite them to submit their interest in participation in this effort. This activity will be performed by Working Group 76/Sub-Group 2 jointly with RTCA Special Committee 206/Sub-Group 4.
We are looking in particular for experts in the following areas:
- Aviation weather forecasting
- Developers of methods to detect turbulence on board aircraft in flight
- Understanding of atmospheric turbulence and effects on aircraft
- Airline flight crews, dispatchers, meteorologists, and operations personnel
- Air traffic controllers and those with understanding of turbulence impact on air traffic management
- Airframe and avionics manufacturers
- Data link communications experts
- Safety and Performance Analysis
The Kick-Off of the activity is schedule in the scope of the SC-206/WG-76 Meeting from 11 to 15 September. The group will meet at the National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR) located in Boulder, Colorado. More detailed information will be made available following the termination of this CfP.
If your company is interested in a contribution to these activities, please complete the Registration form available here: form.typeform.com
This Call for Participation will close on 31 July 2023!
For any additional information please contact Alexander Engel, EUROCAE Technical Programme Manager at email@example.com.