Aircraft Cyber Security Development and Continuing Airworthiness
Course format: Online
Time: 5 half days, 09:00-12:30
Course format: Classroom
Time: 3 full days
The aircraft risk profile for cyber-attacks has changed significantly with ever increasing digitisation and connectivity, such as e-enabled aircraft and use of IP for internal and external communication. To ensure safety and security of aircraft from cyber-attacks, EASA has published ED 2020/006/R to include cybersecurity in all certification specifications (CS-23, CS-25, CS-27, CS-29, CS-APU, CS-E, CS-P, CS-ETSO).
In response to industry demand for a consistent practice in security by design for aircraft and to have harmonised approach in demonstrating compliance to the new aviation cybersecurity rules, EUROCAE WG-72 has developed three standards: ED-202A, ED-203A and ED-204A. The documents ED-202A and ED-203A provide a standard and guidance for developing aircraft, aircraft systems and parts from initial design to type certification. ED-204A provides the standard and guidance for maintaining airworthiness of aircraft from a cybersecurity perspective.
- Participants will gain access to the tools and understanding to use available standards to manage cyber risk in an aviation context in a standards-led way (which in itself brings many additional benefits)
- Learn best practice on auditing and certification
- Instructors are leading experts on aviation cybersecurity and regulations
- Share experiences with colleagues from other aviation stakeholders/countries
- Extensive course handouts including ED-202A, ED-203A and ED-204A
- Ideal distance learning programme to allow training at home or in the office
- Certificate of completion of the course
The course content is structured for all background in these roles – whether IT with a security background, aviation backgrounds in system, software or hardware development or aircraft certification.
- Anyone working in a development or certification role exposed to cybersecurity within the design organisations and their suppliers – including design approval holders for Type Certificates in Airplanes, Rotorcraft, Engines, Propellers; design approval holders for Supplemental Type Certificates (STC); Design Approval Holders for (European) Technical Standard Orders (ETSO/TSO); and the suppliers of systems, software and hardware to any of the Design Approval Holders.
- Anyone working in design organisations in departments issuing Security Operator Guidance or Instructions for Continued Airworthiness and anyone in airlines, operators and maintenance, repair, overhaul (MRO) organisations in a cyber capacity – whether IT, operational or maintenance.
- Anyone working in aviation (airport, ANSP, airline, manufacturing industry (developing, producing or maintaining aircraft) plus regulatory and industrial audiences, who needs to deal with cyber security as part of their day-to-day activities.
To register, please follow our 2-step-registration!
1) Complete the typeform for your registration.
2) Proceed with your payment at the e-shop.
20-24 February 2023: ONLINE (5 half days)
2) PAY HERE
15-17 May 2023: CLASSROOM AT EUROCAE HEADQUARTERS IN PARIS (3 full days)
2) PAY HERE
17-19 October 2023: CLASSROOM AT EUROCAE HEADQUARTERS IN PARIS (3 full days)
2) PAY HERE
12-14 December 2023: CLASSROOM AT EUROCAE HEADQUARTERS IN PARIS (3 full days)
2) PAY HERE
For any information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org