Director Technical Programme (F/M/D)
Reference: Candidacy DTP
Date of publication:
Deadline for application:
Place of employment: Paris area / Ile de France, France
EUROCAE is the leading European organisation to develop standards for international civil aviation. It was established in 1963 as a non-profit association under French Law.
EUROCAE develops high-quality, internationally recognised and worldwide applicable aviation standards, which are built upon the expertise of more than 4500 highly skilled experts nominated by EUROCAE’s 400+ European and global members. Members include (but not limited to) equipment and airframe manufacturers, regulators, civil aviation authorities, service providers and airports.
EUROCAE standards are referenced by all major European and international regulators and are therefore actively contributing to a safe, efficient and sustainable aviation.
The standards are developed by over 50 Working Groups (WGs). To enhance global harmonisation, many EUROCAE Working Groups are working in close cooperation with our partner organisations, such as RTCA or SAE.
We are currently recruiting:
Director Technical Programme (f/m/d)
The Director Technical Programme acts as TAC secretary and oversees the overall execution of the technical work programme, processes future standardisation and other technical activities, leading the team of Technical Programme Managers (TPMs) and acting as liaison to the EUROCAE governing bodies and partner organisations. The Director Technical Programme reports to the Director General.
The TPM team drives the management and execution of the Technical Work Programme and build and maintain working relationships with all stakeholders involved to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of EUROCAE’s standards development process.
I Functional links
This position reports to the EUROCAE Director General and has frequent interactions with the entire EUROCAE Secretariat team, governing bodies, EUROCAE members, partners, contractors, clients.
II Job holder responsibilities
The responsibilities allocated to this position cover the following main areas:
1. Leading the TPM team
Managing and executing the EUROCAE Technical Work Programme
- Act as professional and disciplinary line manager for the TPM team and managing the day-to-day activities of the team.
- Overseeing the overall execution of the EUROCAE standards development activities.
- Driving the further development of EUROCAE’s Technical Work Programme, identify and proactively initiate potential new activities and WGs, be agile and reactive to emerging demands.
- Establishing and maintaining effective relations with relevant organisations in the industry, service providers, institutions and sector associations in Europe and beyond
- Maintaining awareness on technological, economic and political developments affecting the aviation standardisation sector
2. Management of EUROCAE technical activities
Managing and executing the EUROCAE Technical Work Programme
- Managing a number of WGs in line with EUROCAE’s established procedures and providing proactive services to WGs to ensure the high quality of deliverables and their timely publication, in close cooperation with the leadership of the WGs
- Editing of EUROCAE Documents (EDs) and other deliverables for publication
- Ensuring appropriate record keeping in compliance with reporting requirements to facilitate the accurate tracking of work progress
Collaborating with and supporting the governing bodies
- The EUROCAE Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) which is advising the Council on technical, operational and on request on policy matters
- act as Secretary to the TAC
- The EUROCAE Council related to the technical and other matters
- provides the regular updates of all TAC and WG activities
- contribute to preparation and follow up of Council meetings and related activities
Assisting in the management of EUROCAE's technical activities
- Contributing to the ongoing improvements of efficiency and effectiveness of EUROCAE's standard-making process
- Contributing to continuous improvement of EUROCAE procedures (Quality Management System) and EUROCAE’s IT infrastructure
3. Management of EUROCAE technical activities
- Preparing and organising or contributing to specific EUROCAE events, such as EUROCAE Symposium, workshops and other events as necessary
- Establishing and maintaining strong and effective relationships with partner organisations, monitor implementation of cooperation agreements
- Contracts/agreements: Manage and monitor the implementation of contractual obligations
- Attending and representing EUROCAE at seminars and conferences on relevant aviation matters to report on and promote EUROCAE's activities
- Represent EUROCAE at and provide standards-related inputs to various European and international fora and working arrangements
III Qualifications, Experience, Skills and Personal Qualities
1. Eligibility criteria
- A level of education which corresponds to completed university studies;
- professional training on an equivalent level in a relevant domain plus adequate professional experience
- Specific competencies and skills required for the position
- Fulfilled obligations imposed by the applicable laws on military service.
- French legal employment conditions will apply.
- Prior to recruitment, the successful candidate will be asked to provide a police certificate confirming the absence of any criminal record.
2. Specific competences and skills
- Excellent understanding of the evolution of the European and worldwide regulatory and standardisation framework and of the current challenges faced by the aviation sector,
- Proven track record of working and leading multi-disciplinary, international teams and achieving the strategic and project goals whilst maintaining harmonious working relationships with peers and stakeholders
- Comprehensive knowledge of project and personnel management as well as associated experience
- Excellent written, communication and negotiation skills in English (EUROCAE's working language). A good level of French and/or another EU language is an asset.
- Ability to use standard computer software, conference automation systems, publication and social media tools
- Expected to frequently travel (depending on international sanitary situation) and to work in an international and multicultural environment.
IV. Summary of conditions of employment
The Director Technical Programme is a full-time position, based in the Paris region (France).
The selected candidate will be expected to start with EUROCAE in Q3/2022.
V. Application requirements
Motivated to actively contribute to the future of aviation? We look forward to receiving your application in English, including a detailed CV and a meaningful letter of motivation.
Please send your application, indicating “Candidacy DTP” in the subject line, to email@example.com by 15 June 2022.